And I’m not just saying that although it’s possible I have some bias. The cast was terrific, the script was funny, the story came out just the way you expect (it IS about the birth of Jesus after all) and the cookies were plentiful. What better way to spend a Christmas Eve afternoon?
LED bulbs are now the way to go for energy-efficient lighting. If you have any incandescent bulbs, go ahead and replace them now. If you have compact fluorescent bulbs, wait till they burn out to replace them. LED bulbs are super cheap (less than a dollar) at Habitat ReStore and close to that at certain other stores, including Ace Hardware, Home Depot, Walmart, Lowes and Goodwill.
Ta-da! This new website has just gone “live.” We’re sort of doing a soft opening so we can work out kinks before the big grand opening. However, it IS the only website we have so anyone that looks us up for whatever reason from now on ends up here.
Here are a few things you can do to help out: Pretend you are a person using the internet to scout us out before attending. Can you find out what you want to know? Tell us all about it!
How hard was it to find answers to these questions? If it was hard, was it important to find it? Tell me anything that you think we should know about the site. (This is not a test–I know the answers so no need to report them back. The point is if you wanted to find the answer, could you?)
- I am running an event that will be collecting money. How do I do that?
- I have a 5-year old. What’s the Sunday School like? What do we do when we get to UUCA for the first time?
- Do you have a choir? How do I audition?
- Who can be interred in the Memorial Garden? How can I make it happen?
- I need to get on Realm.
- I am looking to rent a room for a meeting. Do you rent rooms?
- Are there any adult faith development classes coming up?
- What does the ECC do?
- What’s this month’s theme?
- I want to make a donation.
- I want to nominate a group for our Community Plate. How do I do that?
- I need to know who is on the RE Council. Where do I look?
- Who’s in the pulpit this week?
- I missed last week’s sermon. Can I find it online?
- I want to re-read the description of the thing I bought at the Auction. Can I do that?
Well, that’s enough for now. Send me your results, comments, thoughts, etc. Be kind, though, because we DID try hard to get things right.
Be Sure to RSVP by 10am Tuesday morning, January 7
Dinner at 5:45pm; Vespers at 6:30; Programs at 7
Suggested donation for dinner is $10 per person, $20 per family or pay as you are able. Dinner is soup and salad from Loretta’s Cafe.
Vespers: Led by Rev. Claudia begins at 6:30pm.
Programs begin at 7pm: Multigen Spiritual Practice- Being Fair or Just – UUCA value of Justice (SH); Peacemakers-(21 Ed); Parents Supporting Parents-(23 Ed).
Get all the details on The Wednesday Thing Page.
This Acoustic Journeys concert starts at 7pm on Sunday, January 5.
In this sensational act, Paula Hanke and Peggy Ratusz belt out song after song from Linda Ronstadt’s long career while adding personal stories and historical accounts of Ms. Ronstadt’s impressive achievements.
Tickets only available at the door. $20, cash preferred but checks accepted. Doors open at 6:30pm. Bring snacks to share at intermission if you would like to.
Call (828) 545-2260 for more information.