We have just launched our first week back to class in Religious Education, and there are what feel like a dozen balls in the air, so I’ll keep this brief.
- We have a great year planned. You can read about all our classes for children and youth, as well as see our mission and my philosophy of RE, here.
- We have a couple of gaps in teacher recruitment that really do HAVE to be filled, or we may need to combine the 6th and 7th grade classes (and we lack a space big enough for that). Please take a look at the planned classes in the document above, and consider joining one of our excellent (but incomplete) teaching teams for those classes.
- Renovations are complete and classrooms are beautiful. Take the time to tour RE, both downstairs and over at Jefferson House, to see our inviting, delightful spaces for children and youth classes. It’s great to have the place look as awesome as our volunteers and programming actually are.
- All classes for K-9th are underway, and the high school youth group (YRUU) begins this Sunday, with attendance at the worship service and a talkback in Jefferson House with pizza afterwards.
- THIS SUNDAY: Parent orientation is required for registration of kids to be complete. This is a quick self-guided walkthrough in RE Commons this Sunday between services. Sign in, pick up the RE calendar, read about our Faith in Action (social justice) project in RE this year, meet your kid’s teacher and socialize with other parents. See classrooms downstairs while you are there! The last stop is the confirmation of your child’s registration with RE staff.