The Institute for Preventive Healthcare and Advocacy’s (IFPHA) mission is to promote optimum health by addressing the social determinants of health (SDOH) and the inequities in access to affordable healthcare.
IPHA is committed to creating inclusive environments, be continuous learners, and work alongside others to cultivate equity, diversity, inclusion, and unlearn destructive patterns from our historical past.
IFPHA brings health education, addresses preventable diseases, and manages chronic illnesses. Our community nurses’ impact has been addressing the SDOH. Your donation will support and expand:
- Providing transportation to doctor’s appointments and the grocery store.
- Partnering with MAHEC to provide psychiatric residents for “door to door” visits.
- Providing healthy fresh fruit and vegetables and health education.
- Providing cleaning services to prevent evictions.
- Addressing clients’ needs and if there is no referral available, IFPHA will find funding to address the issue in “real time,” while we are looking for a long-term solution.
To learn more about how IFPHA is “addressing the incredible issue of inequities and access to healthcare and vital resources, which have been exacerbated by the pandemic,” as shared by Kathey Avery, Founder & Co-Chair of IFPHA, go to:https://www.averyhec.com/ifpha.