It’s Summertime. That means a new church year will begin soon. What does that mean? For one thing, our growing family of new members are working to get to know us. And our new minister has about 450 new Best Friends to get to know! Not easy for anyone knew getting settled in. I remember when we first joined UU Asheville, we often consulted our REALM directory to double check on names, faces, emails, etc. It was really frustrating to find so many of us did not have complete or even partial entries. Makes it harder for new arrivals to get settled in.
Our directory is accessible to those registered with UU Asheville, not open to the public, so privacy and security are not really issues. Why not do something simple to help all those new people get to know you? Here are the simple steps to update or complete your REALM personal entry (it may be a bit different depending on your device and software, but this should get you close enough to do the entries):
- Go to the UU Asheville web site. Look on the lower left side, see the column of entry points. The last one is REALM. Click on it.
- Signing in:
- If you are not already signed up, you will see the link to SIGN UP. Click on it and provide the few simple items of information requested, INCLUDING EMAIL ADDRESS AND PREFERRED PHONE. Click continue, and your data has been sent to the UUCA office. They will verify your information and send you confirmation of an account.
- If you have an account already, click on Sign In. It will ask for the email you use and the password. Helpful link provided if you have lost your password (that never happens, right?).
- Once signed in, look on the left side and click on DIRECTORY. You should see your first name in the upper right corner of the screen, along with an arrow. Click on the arrow, then click on MY PROFILE.
- You will now be on your profile page. Click on EDIT PROFILE to make any changes or additions. This will open a page with all your information in sections (name, email, etc.) Make any changes needed and SAVE. At the top of the page, you will see a tab to MANAGE PRIVACY. Here you decide who can see your REALM information. Most helpful to check ANYONE IN THE CHURCH, and once again SAVE.
- To change or add a picture, click on the picture (or blank circle next to your name on the PROFILE Once clicked, you will see an EDIT image – click on it. You can ADD A NEW PROFILE PHOTO by clicking on that option. This will then look for where you have photos on your computer or phone. Click on that site, click on a photo you want, then on the bottom of the page, click on UPLOAD. You will then see the photo with a framing circle. Move the photo around until it is centered to have what you want shown. SAVE.
That’s it! Now we can all get to know you. Thanks for being neighborly.
Bill Clontz, Member