Call to Action – Tell your State Senator and General Assembly Leadership – Thank you for reaching a Medicaid Expansion deal but DON’T connect it to the budget.
Call your State Senator & General Assembly Leadership
- Your NC Senator – Find their Contact Info Here
- NC Senate President – Phil Berger – 919-733-5708
- NC House Speaker – Tim Moore – 919-733-3451
- Hi, my name is ________, I live in _________ and I am a person of faith.
- I am calling to express my excitement over the Medicaid Expansion deal that has been reached by Speaker Moore and Senate Leader Berger. This will change the lives of over 600,000 of our neighbors North Carolina and will have a transformative impact on our state’s economy.
- But I also want to voice my deep concern that Medicaid Expansion is being tied to the state budget. I urge ______ to consider the impact that this delay will have on the people of our state.
- Every day that goes by is another cancer diagnosis missed, another family that falls deeper into debt, another addiction that goes untreated.
- Moreover, we are approaching the end of the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency, which could cause an estimated 100,000 North Carolinians to lose their healthcare coverage on July 1st who would be eligible for continued coverage if we expand Medicaid today. Let’s make sure that they do not experience a gap in their coverage.
- If the General Assembly agrees that this is the right thing to do, then do it now. Medicaid Expansion cannot wait for the passage of the state budget.
Call to Action – Tell your State Senator & Representative – Abortion Access is a Social and Moral Good. An Anti-Abortion Bill is expected to be introduced in the North Carolina General Assembly this week. Now is the time to activate our UU network to preserve abortion access in our state. UU Justice NC is inviting UUs across the state to write personal letters that will be hand delivered to your elected officials in Raleigh by a fellow Unitarian Universalist. This easy toolkit provides all the guidance, information and talking points you will need to take action.