The support of UUCA through gifts today and/or after your death to meet long-term needs of the Congregation by giving to our non-operating funds is called Legacy Giving. Some gifts give again and again. Your planned gift can transform the future of our Congregation and ensure that it thrives well into the lives of future generations.
It takes only a little planning. It can be as simple as including a bequest to UUCA in your will or trust, or naming UUCA as a beneficiary on your retirement plan or insurance policy. Over 72 members of our current Congregation have done just that. Legacy Giving brochures are located in the literature rack at the entrance to Sandburg Hall.
The Impact of Your Gift
Some things that have been funded through legacy gifts at UUCA are:
- Hiring of an experienced Director of Lifespan Religious Education and our first full-time second minister in 2011
- Renovations to our Religious Education Space
- Playground Renovation (equipment, planting, etc.)
- Creation of a Contingency Fund
- Technology Upgrades (laptops, tablets, projectors, TVs, DVD players)
You Can Tell Us How to Use Your Gift
- Add it to the Fund for the Future for such on-going needs and special initiatives as capital projects or creation of new ministries. This is called an unrestricted gift.
- Add it to our Endowment where capital is held in perpetuity. Up to 4% of annual income generated by this fund may be spent in the annual budget.
- Tell us exactly how you want your gift utilized. Gifts may only be used as specified by the donor. It is in the best interests of the congregation if the restriction is worded as broadly as possible.
There are many ways to make legacy gifts to UUCA. Click here to see all the options.