Saturday, November 11, 2017, 5-8pm
The Asheville Event Centre (same as last year)
291 Sweeten Creek Road
Right now there are two things you can do to make this our best auction ever:
- Come up with one or more Things to Do that you will donate for the auction.
- Contact businesses for donations of certificates for Things to Do.
For #1, check out the bulletin board at the back of Sandburg Hall for ideas. Turn in a form for each donation.
For #2, below these hints are links for everything you need to solicit auction donations from local businesses:
- Please let me know if you or any of your contacts plan to approach a particular business. We don’t want a business to be approached by more than one person. I track who is doing what and can let you know if you might be duplicating efforts.
- I can also let you know if we already have photos in our files for the business you plan to solicit.
- When you get a donation, please let both Ann McLellan and me know of your success and what was donated so that we can implement organizational and publicity steps.
- When you get a donation, please ask for a photo or logo of the business (if we don’t already have one) for use in the silent auction and slide show.
- To save yourself time and repeat visits, ask the donor to complete the Donation to Auction 2017 form while you wait.
- Here’s a tip sheet on how to ask for a donation.
- When you want to provide details about the auction to your contact, use this form.
- Here’s why a business might want to make a donation to our auction.
- When you need to explain how ads and sponsorships work, use this form.