Partner with the Religious Education Staff and volunteers for a safe and meaningful experience for your children by:
- Being on campus when your children are with us (exceptions may be made for 10-12th graders).
- Staying informed: Subscribe to our weekly eNews and join our Facebook communities.
- Keeping the RE staff informed of significant changes in family life that impact your kids: divorce/custody arrangements, deaths, illnesses, new medical concerns, etc. We want to support you and your children as much as possible.
- Telling us when your contact information changes.
- Attending regularly.
- Making a yearly financial pledge which supports the RE program and the goals of the congregation. The success of this program depends on all parents (and other congregants) to contribute their fair share of support.
- Volunteering in the RE Program—This is a cooperative program and we need parent participation to make it work.
Basic Safety Policies and Procedures
- At least two adults in all gatherings.
- Always follow the “rule of three” i.e. no adult should ever be alone with a child or teen that they are not the guardian of.
- Everyone who works with children or youth is subject to a background check.
- Parents supervise children on the playground before or after RE classes.
- Children must be registered and medical concerns noted.
Here’s our full child care policy.
In addition to a child care policy, we have Child Supervision Guidelines for Parents, which we hope clarify our expectations of parents when children are not in religious education classes.